Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Can You Have More Than One Ringworm At One Time

Accident in France - the long wait for claims

The bridge was narrow, too narrow for two vehicles. Although I had right of way, turned a Renault with a trailer on the bridge before the village Jouques in southern France. It was close, I stopped but the Renault drove and pulled me on to the fender and the license plate holder, the driver's side of my car.

What to do? The driver was totally unimpressed sitting in his car, wrote on a business card on his insurance number and then it should be. After much back and forth then we filled out an accident arc, the so-called "Constat. I took still photos of the damage and then everything should be regulated by the French insurance. Relieved, the so-called by a German insurance correspondence, the correspondence will be made in German and then regulates the settlement of claims.

cleared come back from France mid-August I will all of correspondence with the French insurance AXA, AXA in Germany. All documents were sent by mail to the settlement of claims and I was assured that it normally would have to go pretty fast. By the intervention of a lawyer, I was discouraged, as these costs are not covered by insurance. After two weeks I asked for-I still had to wait it said. After more than a month, still nothing. After two months it was then under French Law is not the insurer of the trailer, but the responsibility of the tractor - but this must be determined first.

I have again turned to my right uncooperative party in the accident in order to clarify the assurance of his tractor. The answer came to mail a few days. He called me in an email without periods and commas, because I have dared to use his official mail address he had given me but themselves. Otherwise, he questioned the extent of damage and doubted that I would have ever married him. So many photos from the scene showed only my suspicion. After all, a fire brigade colonel from Paris have filled out the form. France is a beautiful country and he wrote the French are honest and law abiding people. But I would doubt his honor. After all, he confirmed that he had all the documents also given his assurance.

Then now, after almost four months in early December, came the response from the German Axa - I must be patient and continue possibly through the traffic victims. Axa, the French had not yet been granted regulatory approval.

The friendly and competent staff of the German Axa enlightened me on the phone extensively on the situation. In short, the result is: who has a foreign car in an accident at home or abroad, despite all the regulations of the European Union unlucky first time. When and if the damage is ever paid under the stars. In my case, it is true that in France in such a situation, the respective liability insurer takes the damage and then all controls with the opposing insurance. So the customer needs to worry about anything. Since I have a German insurance does not. Although there are now also in Germany insurers offering such Foreign Claims protection, but these are not all and this is often not considered in the insurance accounts.

After three months, then the possibility for Verkehrsopferhilfe in Berlin to apply the regulation. This pool of German liability insurer then takes over the regulation, but with a deductible of 500 €.

Tip: If you want to avoid this trouble should make sure that the car insurance offer a diplomatic settlement of claims. So that it runs itself carefree abroad.

0 comments:

Post a Comment